Painted Rug for TCW 1 Stencil 4 Ways Series | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Painted Rug for TCW 1 Stencil 4 Ways Series

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Painted Rug for TCW 1 Stencil 4 Ways Series


www.thecraftersworkshop.com    #TCWstencillove

As guest creator for The Crafter's Workshop, I've been assigned stencil set number 383 designed by Ronda Palazzari. The purpose of the One Stencil Four Ways series is to demonstrate the endless possibilities of a stencil based on numerous creators.  




For my fourth project is this fading rug that I stuffed away for "junk use". 



Still usable, but not as nice as it used to be, I thought the stencil series would be a great opportunity to liven it up. 







To start, I cleaned it and spray painted it. 




The pile absorbed the paint, so I painted again. Then, one more time.  




This stencil kind of spoke "citrus" to me. So choosing bright green, orange and yellow colors, I planned the design for the rug. 



G=Green, O=Orange, and Y=Yellow 




Supplies: The stencil, paper plates for the paint, masking tape, cut up sponge into little blocks, and artists' oil paints. 



Taping the stencil in place, I followed my design pattern doing one color throughout the entire rug. (Five each of one color for the project.)



Starting with the green...




then moving on to the orange...



and finally the yellow.  This was a relaxing project on this cool fall day. It made me drink lemonade and wish I had picked up some limes and oranges to mix into it. The thought of it was like an awesome "citrus-aide" recipe.  I'll have to try it. 



I was really enjoying the colors. 



It blended in well the deck decor. 















And, the rug is not only new again but currently back in use! With the oil based paints, it will stand up to water and weather quite nicely. Now, if only we can have an extended summer to enjoy it.  




Until next time, this final project concludes my demonstrations for this stencil set #383.  I could have done several more because this "One Stencil 4 Ways Series" really can overwhelm you with creativity. There are literally so many uses for them which leads your mind to wander. Mine does that... a lot. 




Perhaps you have many ideas of your own for this set!  I'd love to hear about them! 


Happy creating! 








21 comments:

  1. G'day! And well done on this project. I haven't tried the rug painting thing, yet. You make it look very do-able, though. Thanks. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first time. And I learned that the depth and thickness of the rug pile will determine how much paint you need. This took three coats for the base color. It was still a very easy project.
    Thanks for the pin!
    Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to paint a rug forever! I love the stencil and colors!


    Thanks so much for sharing at Show Me Saturday! Hope you see your fabulous self again this weekend!
    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never painted a rug, but your tutorial made it sound so easy, I just might have to try my hand at it! Yours is gorgeous!! I love the colors you chose! Thank you for sharing on The Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I never would have thought to try this. Thanks so much for linking it up to Snickerdoodle Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. I knew about paint that you could use on fabric but this gives me fun ideas! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Creative Style Linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Ashley! I can't wait to see yours. Thank you for the visit and the invite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is easy. I was a bit intimidated because I never used stencils until I got this package. Now I'm browsing stencils and have a few more rug ideas. You'll have fun with it, I'm sure! Thank you for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was fun. You can design and paint any color you need to match decor or themes. So many ideas for rug painting that I never thought of before flooded my head. Try it. You'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll find it to be so much fun, Brittnei! Thanks for having me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so creative! Thanks for sharing the idea.

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo!! So glad you linked this up the best from your blog this week at our Bewitchin Projects block party! Be sure to come back again on Sunday starting at 6am EST over at OurMiniFamily.com to link up your projects again--the linky party runs from Sunday to Thursday each week :D



    ~Cathy Mini~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Cathy! Love your party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing at CAL link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Maz! So glad to be a part of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love this. It's so vibrant yet so refreshing at the same time.

    Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous idea! Pinned. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is magnificent. I never knew you could paint a rug!!!

    Thanks for coming and linking up at The Weekend Social. Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST The Midnight Baker ! I hope to see you there!

    Judy@ http://www.bakeatmidnite.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Catherine, and thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete