Stenciled Glass Vase | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Stenciled Glass Vase

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Stenciled Glass Vase



This plain, but pretty olive green vase is made over to a down to earth natural look with a stencil and some brown paint.


I chose to use this stencil designed by Dina Wakley for The Crafter's Workshop. With my natural elements in mind, the striped leaves are a great design for this vase. 



I wrapped the stencil around the vase vertically and taped it off to hold it for painting. 



Then I sponge painted through the stencil with a water based translucent brown colored paint. 


After it dried, I grabbed some sisal, some glass and plastic beads and coconut shells to add to it. 

To make holes in the coconut shell pieces, I used a drill. 



I wrapped the sisal around the neck of the vase and tied it off with some extra hanging to add some of the beads. 



Once the beads were on, tying off finished the look. 








What would you do with this stencil? 
So many options! 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




17 comments:

  1. so pretty! I am thinking gold paint might have looked good or too bright? Love this one though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie@The Interior FrugalistaFebruary 9, 2015 at 12:28 PM

    That's a great idea Robin, stenciling the vase took it from nice to nicely unique! The leaf stencil would look great on the right piece of furniture placed vertically, or on an art canvas for DIY art, toss cushions, on outdoor cushions or drapes, the options are limitless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gold is perfect for this vase! But, I was going for natural earth tones and chose the brown to go with the sisal wrap. My decor is more earthy than the brassy and went with it. If I was to do this for someone else, gold would certainly be better for them... and the embellishment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Zaby! The leaves were a great choice for the earth tone of this vase. So glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the drape idea! Especially a sheer panel! In fact, I have chocolate sheets and bedding that I considered doing this on prior to the vase, in turquoise. But that new bedroom (not posted yet) went southwestern and tossed out the bedding stencil idea.However, I do have outdoor cushions to do for some curbside metal furniture I need to weld. You have me on a great idea!


    Thank you, Marie! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Stacy! Doing well, and hoping you are too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh this looks lovely. Such a unique look for this vase now!


    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop!


    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty vase! I love earth tones. I like the added coconut piece, I never would of though of using a piece of coconut, but I love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by, Jennifer! Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you and for hosting and visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice combo! Thanks so much for linking up at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, and for the visit and the invite, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always wanted to use stencils. Thanks for linking to the This is How We Roll Link Party. See you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing the stenciled glass vase at my last party,Hope to see you again at another Fab Friday Party
    Maria http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party-25/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for hosting and visiting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much, Sherry! Love your link up!!!
    (I'm behind and catching up!)

    ReplyDelete